“Rice Cake” Cornbread
Sorry about the angle. We got too excited and took a bite.
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter – Melted
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of cream style corn
- Melted butter
- Granulated sugar
Note: With a flat pan I made 32 small servings.
If you use an 8×8 pan you can make 12 larger servings
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Grease bottom and sides of an 8X8 inch baking pan. (I used a flatter large pan)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together rice flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder. *dry ingredients*
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs (until fluffy), add sugar, and melted butter. Continue to whisk these ingredients until foamy. (I manually whisked. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer) *egg mixture*
- Add half the dry ingredients, stir, add the remainder, and stir until completely mixed in, the batter should be thick a this point. (You can use a flat spatula for this step).
- Add coconut milk and the egg mixture, using your whisk, stir until completely incorporated.
- Finally, add the cream style corn, and mix!
- Pour the batter into the pan, even it out using a spatula, set the pan against the counter (give it a little shake!). You want the batter to be even.
- Bake! Keep in oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until browned. (Use a toothpick to check the center)
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for 2 minutes, brush the top of the cornbread with melted butter, sprinkle granulated sugar, and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Enjoy! Eat this yummy side dish with ribs (Pinoy style), any type of BBQ style entree, eat as dessert (I TOPPED IT WITH COOL WHIP — YOU WILL THANK ME), and honestly, It goes well with E V E R Y T H I N G.
Check out my previous posts below:
- Asian BBQ & Noodles
- Building an Empire // Why a Healthy Work Environment?
- How to Avoid Pollen and Allergens this Spring Season
- The Chronicles of Eczema (Pt. 2)
- Bread Pudding Recipe